Steps to follow for GST registration
1. Go online to learn about GST: Click here
After you finish the course and quiz, print out the results.
2. Within 3 months of GST registration, you have to attend the Introduction to GST course: Click here
1. Determine the type of GST registration -
2. Complete e-
3. If you engage us for gst registration, appoint us as tax agents and we will submit your application online.
For compulsory registration ,
your application will be processed within two working days upon receipt of complete information with supporting documents.
If you are late in your application, your effective date of registration will be back-
For voluntary registration ,
your application will be processed within ten working days upon receipt of complete information with supporting documents.
Notification of Effective Date of Registration
If your application is successful, you will receive a letter informing you that your business has been registered for GST and providing the following details:
Your GST Registration Number, and
Your Effective Date of GST Registration. Generally, the effective date is within two to three weeks from the date of the approval letter.
KNOW YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Charge and account for GST on standard rated supplies.
3. Keep proper business and accounting records
4. Display prices with GST
5. Issue Tax invoices with GST registration number
6. Notify IRAS of changes
7. Account for GST at point of de-
8. Voluntary registrants to remain registered for 2 years
If you are under voluntary registration , you have to:
Remain registered for at least two years;
Make taxable supplies within two years (f you have not started making taxable supplies at the point of application);
Complete the e-
Be on GIRO arrangement for payment and/ or refund of GST.
The Comptroller may also impose other conditions on a voluntarily registered business and cancel its GST registration if any of the conditions are not.
|Incorporate a company|
|GST on Properties|
|Personal Income Tax|